Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
This is not original with me -- it has been in our family for years, and I do not know where it originated. I am not sure of prep time nor cook time nor servings nor yield. I have never made this. My mother always made it. I just know it was so delicious it disappeared soon after it was made.
- 4 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries (3 cups fresh -- add 2 tbs water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup soft margarine
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 (3 ounce) container cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- whipped cream
- Combine Blueberries with sugar in medium sauce pan.
- Cook over low heat (stirring often) until berries are soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, margarine, pecans-- mix well, press dough evenly into 9x13x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, softened, and 1 cup sugar.
- Beat until smooth, then fold in one 9 oz Whipped topping, thawed.
- Spread topping evenly over cooled crust.
- Pour berry mixture evenly over top.
- When berry mix has set well, top with whipped cream.
- Cut into squares.
The blueberry sauce was too thin. Maybe next time add some cornstarch. Also the recipe list dosn't list the other 9oz whipped topping. I used butter instead of margarine and real whipped cream in place of tub whipped topping.