1 hr 5 mins
This is a wonderful moist blueberry cake loaded with brown sugar streusel in the middle and on top, it's best served warm topped with vanilla ice cream ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (or use 2 teaspoons alond extract)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- 4In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed beat butter with sugar for about 3 minutes.
- 6Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- 7in a medium bowl mix together flour with baking powder, salt and lemon zest; add to the creamed mixture along with the yogurt mixing on low speed or with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- 8Mix in blueberries until just combined.
- 9Pour HALF of the cake batter into prepared baking dish, then sprinkle with HALF of the streusel mixture.
- 10Pour the remaining HALF of the cake batter over streusel.
- 11In a bowl mix the remaining HALF of streusel mixture with 3 tablespoons soft butter then sprinkle over the cake batter.
- 12Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Yogurt Streusel Layered Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 356.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 66.2 g
- Protein 10.5 g