Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a buttery moist blueberry cake with a streusel middle and topping that bakes out nice and high! You can use wild bluerries if desired and almond extract can be used in place of vanilla and use chopped almonds in place of walnuts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (can use low-fat)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon (you can use more cinnamon if desired)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- in a large bowl cream 1/2 cup butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eegs and vanilla until well combined.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture, along with the yogurt; mix only until combined.
- Gently mix in the blueberries.
- In a small bowl stir together the brown sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts.
- Pour HALF of the cake batter into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with HALF of the brown sugar mixture, then top with the remaining half of the cake batter.
- In a small bowl mix the 2 tablespoons butter with the remaining half of the brown sugar mixture then sprinkle on top of the batter.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the cake tests done.