Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yogurt makes these muffins extra moist. I always flour the berries before I add them to the batter.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together the butter, yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Stir the liquid ingredients into the dry just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Blend in the blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes for the regular sized muffins.
Very bland muffin, not very sweet. Almost too tender, as well. Not gross, but I won't make them again.
Dense muffin, not overly sweet, the type you'd eat with butter and jam or honey. Would be good sprinkled with cinnamon sugar before baking. The batter is very thick and yields 12 medium-sized muffins. I used a combination of unbleached all-purpose and white whole wheat flour, fat-free vanilla yogurt and frozen wild blueberries. Thanks for sharing your recipe!