Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to my chocolate chip muffins but made the way I remember them from my childhood. Adjust baking time if making 12 regular size muffins, I prefer 6 Texas Muffins.
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries, lightly thawed
- Line a Texas Muffin pan with 6 liners.
- Mix the dry ingredients together first in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together with a whisk.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and whisk until just combined and there are no more dry spots but don't overmix.
- You can use fully thawed blueberries but I think they come out better if they're still frozen-- either way make sure you blot them with paper towels to remove excess moisture before you whisk them into the batter.
- Fill each paper about halfway or a little less.
- Bake 25-30 minutes at 350F or until browned on top.