Recipe by BirdyBaker
This recipe is a divine way to cool off and get refreshed on a hot summer day. It is a different kind of ice cream recipe, that pleases the palate. Cook time includes the time it takes to freeze, this varying from machine to machine.
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream
- 500 g natural yoghurt
- 1 lb blueberries (rinsed clean)
- 9 ounces caster sugar
- 4 tablespoons creme de cassis
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the caster sugar and blueberries together in a saucepan, stir in 250ml (8fl oz) of cold water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the blueberries are tender remove the pan from the heat.
- Take out approx 1/4 of the blueberres from the pan and put to one side to cool and use later.
- Using a food processor or blender, take the remaining mixture from the pan and blend it with the cassis, then pour into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Whip the double (heavy) cream and fold it into the bowl of blended mixture along with the yoghurt and berries which were placed to one side earlier.
- Transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.