1/1 Photo of Blueberry Yogurt Cake With Lemon Glaze
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From Vegetarian Times March 2010. If you've ever delighted in one of those big glazed slices of cake sold in the case at coffee shops, you'll love this recipe. Nutrition facts per 1/12 slice: 205 calories, 4g protein, 7g fat (1g saturated), 31g carbs, 36mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, <1g fiber, 17g sugars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 7 ounces low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau liqueur (optional)
- 1To make cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- 2Sift together 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in bowl.
- 3Beat brown sugar; oil; Cointreau, if using; and vanilla in separate bowl with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs.
- 4Alternately add flour mixture and yogurt to egg mixture until combined.
- 5Toss blueberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour, and fold into batter. Pour into prepared pan, and bake 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- 6To make glaze: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. If not using Cointreau, add 1 tablespoon water.
- 7Unmold cake, and poke top all over with wooden skewer. Brush cake with glaze. Cool completely before serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Yogurt Cake With Lemon Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.2
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.2 mg
- Sodium 188.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 3.5 g