Recipe by chia
light and healthy, perfect when berries are in season. this is from family circle
Top Review by love4culinary
Chia.. this recipe is wonderful! I lost my bundt pan somehow :-( and didnt realize it until after I'd tagged this recipe. So instead I made it in a loaf pan. I halved the recipe (which now I wish I hadnt!!!) and its just wonderful. It has a delicious flavor.. unfortunately it doesnt have a cake-like texture on the outside, that I know it would have had .. had I made it in the right pan.. But it is just wonderful. I plan on making it again in the near future with the correct pan. Thanks so much Chia!!!
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 tablespoon flour, plus 2 1/2 c flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 container plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- grease and flour a bundt pan.
- toss berries with 1 tbsp flour.
- mix flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- in a large bowl beat butter, beat in sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- add egg whites, beat in, beat in flour mixture, alternating with yogurt.
- fold in berries, pour into bundt pan.
- bake for 45-50 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool on wire rack 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack and continue cooling.
- when totally cooled stir together glaze ingredients and drizzle over cake.