1/1 Photo of Blueberry Yeast Cake
4 hrs 40 mins
Similar to a classic battery bread, this slightly sweet loaf is wonderful fresh, or toasted with butter and honey. Almost a coffeecake, but not too rich. Raspberries would work, as would a vanilla paste swirl.
My Private Note
9-10 in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk together the water and yeast.
- 2Add sugar, salt, eggs, butter, skim milk powder and most of flour.
- 3Stir to make a batter-like mixture.
- 4Fold in blueberries. Add the remaining flour as necessary to form a thick batter. How much if at all will depend on humidity and the amount of moisture in your berries.
- 5Cover bowl with a tea towel and let batter rest 30 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, generously grease a 9 or 10-inch angel food cake pan.
- 7Pour batter in (after rest).
- 8Cover pan lightly with greased wax paper and let batter rise until it nearly reaches the top of the pan.
- 9Drizzle on melted butter and dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- 10Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 11Place cake pan on a baking sheet and place in oven.
- 12Bake until nicely browned (about 40 minutes).
- 13Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Yeast Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.3
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 88.2 mg
- Sodium 328.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 10.0 g