1/3 Photos of Blueberry Whoopie Pies
I have several cookie recipes posted that incorporate blueberry's. This is one I found in a Good Housekeeping magazine. I like the addition of spices to the cookie part.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup sour cream (may use low-fat)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, bakingsoda, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
- 3In a large bowl, using your stand mixer or hand mixer on medium, beat butter until smooth.
- 4Add brown sugar and beat 3-4 minutes or until creamy.
- 5Add egg and molasses, and beat until well blended.
- 6With mixer on low speed, beat in flour mix alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mix until just blended.
- 7Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets 2 1/2 inches apart. (you should get about 30 cakes.).
- 8Bake cakes one sheet at a time 11 -13 minutes or until cakes spring back when pressed lightly.
- 9Cool cakes in pan on wire rack 1 minute, then transfer with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- 10Prepare filling:.
- 11In a large bowl, using your hand mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 12Reduce speed to low, add marshmallow creme and beat until just blended.
- 13Fold in blueberries.
- 14Spread 1/4 cup filling on flat side of half of cakes.
- 15Top each with plain cake, flat side down, pressing lightly.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g