1/3 Photos of Blueberry Whoopie Pies
I have several cookie recipes posted that incorporate blueberry's. This is one I found in a Good Housekeeping magazine. I like the addition of spices to the cookie part.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup sour cream (may use low-fat)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, ginger, bakingsoda, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
- 3In a large bowl, using your stand mixer or hand mixer on medium, beat butter until smooth.
- 4Add brown sugar and beat 3-4 minutes or until creamy.
- 5Add egg and molasses, and beat until well blended.
- 6With mixer on low speed, beat in flour mix alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mix until just blended.
- 7Spoon batter by heaping tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets 2 1/2 inches apart. (you should get about 30 cakes.).
- 8Bake cakes one sheet at a time 11 -13 minutes or until cakes spring back when pressed lightly.
- 9Cool cakes in pan on wire rack 1 minute, then transfer with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
- 10Prepare filling:.
- 11In a large bowl, using your hand mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- 12Reduce speed to low, add marshmallow creme and beat until just blended.
- 13Fold in blueberries.
- 14Spread 1/4 cup filling on flat side of half of cakes.
- 15Top each with plain cake, flat side down, pressing lightly.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Whoopie Pies
Serving Size: 1 (1603 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 218.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.9 g