Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another one for DH.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 (21 ounce) can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 -2 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line jelly roll pan, 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch, with non-stick foil or generously grease the pan.
- Beat sugar, margarine, shortening, baking powder, vanilla, almond extract and eggs in large bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in flour.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter in pan. Sprinkle white chocolate chips evenly over batter. Carefully spoon out and spread blueberry filling over chips.
- Drop remaining coffeecake batter by tablespoonsful onto pie filling.
- Bake about 40 to 45 minutes, or until batter begins to turn golden. Let rest about 10 minutes while you make the glaze.
- Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake. Serve warm or let stand until cool. Store in a covered container.
- For the glaze, mix ingredients until smooth and of drizzling consistency. Use a zip-top baggie with a tiny corner cut off as a container and drizzle a wiggly pattern over the top of the coffeecake. 36 servings.