Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A blueberry muffin with a hint of lemon loaded with white chocolate chips and a streusel topping. This recipe came from a Favorite Brand Name cook book and it is pretty moist and good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg, butter and lemon zest.
- Stir in chips and blueberries.
- Spoon into lined muffin pans, filling 3/4 full. Sprinkle with streusel topping.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- For Streusel combine: 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in 3 tablespoons butter with pastry blender or knife until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Loved this recipe. Did not use the lemon nor put the streusel topping on it, did not need it....I also made them in mini loaf pans....great...
These were really good but a bit sweet for me. They were a good dessert muffin but not so much for breakfast. I followed the recipe exactly as written but did not add the streusel topping. My son loved them.
These muffins are amazing! They are probably one of the best, if not the best, muffin recipes I've ever used. I've made them twice, once with the topping and once without. I liked them with the topping, but my family and I thought they were better without.