Recipe by coconutcream
Another tasty looking muffin recipe
Top Review by lmlhmd
Amazing! The recipe never tells you what to do with the remaining 1/2 cup of chips, so I put them in the crumb topping - NOT a great idea because they brown too much! Next time I will just put 1 1/2 cups of chips in the batter and leave them out of the topping. DH LOVES them - and I love how the sweet pockets of melted chocolate inside the muffins explode with flavor. Definitely a keeper!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Paper-line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, both sugars, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg, butter, and lemon peel.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips and blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffins cups, filling almost full.
- Combine dry streussl ingredients in a small bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle streusel on muffin batter.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for five minutes; remove to wire racks to continue cooling.