Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I never seem to have buttermilk around so I love this recipe that doesn't call for it. I stayed at a B&B in West Virginia years ago and the wife prepared homemade blueberry pancakes and she had walnuts in them. They were out of this world! This tastes like the ones I had.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Beat egg yolks in another bowl. Add milk and melted butter.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients. Mix until smooth and stir in blueberries and walnuts. Fold in beaten egg whites. Bake on hot, greased griddle.