Recipe by franlebeausayre
Another Bunco Group hit! I adapted this recipe from one of the cookbooks that you purchase in the grocery store while checking out. These are easy and simple to make with store bought miniature phyllo tartlets. In a pinch, you can make your own phyllo cups using phyllo sheets and a mini muffin pan.
Top Review by kadiprimo
I was going to post an almost identical recipe from the Pillsbury website. They call for crescent roll dough in mini muffin cups, though. (makes 24 mini-muffins) This was an excellent, excellent recipe, I can't believe it only has one review! Fast, easy, classic flavors. You can't go wrong. I've made it twice (once with rasperry preserves) and both times it was gone before you could blink.
Oh, I also garnished them with fresh blueberries and small sage and mint leaves.
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries or 1⁄4 cup blackberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese, rind removed cut into 24 chunks
- fresh blueberries (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Bake coarsely chopped walnuts in an ungreased shallow pan for 6 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
- Grease or spray 2 mini muffin pans and place the phyllo cups inside.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of preserves into the tartlets.
- Top with rounded 1/2 teaspoon nuts and cheese.
- Bake 8 - 10 min or until heated through.
- Cool in pan on cooling racks for 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries.