Recipe by Calee
Combination of white flour and whole wheat, blueberries, orange zest and ground pecans.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is an excellent recipe for blueberry waffles. I was looking for a recipe that included whole wheat and you've hit the mark with this gem. The waffles had a great texture to them and packed full of flavor. I think the next time I may exclude the nuts and add some cinnamon and/or nutmeg for a little twist. I doubled the recipe so I could have some frozen for future breakfasts. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour and whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl and stir well.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla .
- Mix flour mixture with egg mixture mixing until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries ( if using frozen, no need to thaw.) orange zest and pecans.
- Let batter sit for a few minutes.
- Prepare according to manufacters directions in waffle maker.
- Serve with maple syrup.