Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Combination of white flour and whole wheat, blueberries, orange zest and ground pecans.
Make and share this Blueberry Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour and whole wheat flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl and stir well.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla .
- Mix flour mixture with egg mixture mixing until smooth.
- Fold in blueberries ( if using frozen, no need to thaw.) orange zest and pecans.
- Let batter sit for a few minutes.
- Prepare according to manufacters directions in waffle maker.
- Serve with maple syrup.
This is an excellent recipe for blueberry waffles. I was looking for a recipe that included whole wheat and you've hit the mark with this gem. The waffles had a great texture to them and packed full of flavor. I think the next time I may exclude the nuts and add some cinnamon and/or nutmeg for a little twist. I doubled the recipe so I could have some frozen for future breakfasts. Thanks for sharing!
These were just wonderful and so easy to make. Followed the recipe as written and had no problems with it at all. To stop the waffles from sticking, I give the waffle iron a little spritz of cooking spray between waffles.
really yummy waffles - i didn't have orange zest, and i'm not a fan of nuts, so i omitted both, and they still turned out wonderful. A definite keeper. thanks