Recipe by PaulaG
I love fresh blueberries. When web surfing I ran across this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds wonderful.
Top Review by mersaydees
I have to admit that this recipe had some scary moments for me, the challenged baker! Do not doubt -- This recipe proves itself in the result. Fantastic! Thanks, PaulaG! Make for ZWT9, tea, Gourmet Goddesses.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml allspice
- 3.69 ml ground ginger
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml molasses
- 118.29 ml buttermilk, plus
- 29.58 ml buttermilk
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 29.58 ml corn syrup
- 473.18 ml blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray and 8x8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg, beating well.
- Stir in molasses.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- For topping, mix butter, sugar, lemon rind and corn syrup and pour evenly into prepared pan; add berries.
- Pour batter over berries and bake for about one hour.
- Remove from oven and turn upside down over a serving plate.
- Allow to sit until all the topping comes out of the pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.