Recipe by PaulaG
I love fresh blueberries. When web surfing I ran across this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds wonderful.
Top Review by mersaydees
I have to admit that this recipe had some scary moments for me, the challenged baker! Do not doubt -- This recipe proves itself in the result. Fantastic! Thanks, PaulaG! Make for ZWT9, tea, Gourmet Goddesses.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, plus
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spray and 8x8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg, beating well.
- Stir in molasses.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
- For topping, mix butter, sugar, lemon rind and corn syrup and pour evenly into prepared pan; add berries.
- Pour batter over berries and bake for about one hour.
- Remove from oven and turn upside down over a serving plate.
- Allow to sit until all the topping comes out of the pan.
- Serve warm with whipped cream.