Recipe by evelinagrossberg
Fluffy & perfect cake, that looks amazing even though it is so effort-less :0
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Butter a 1-quart 5 1/2-inch-diameter soufflé dish.
- Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter into the soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle 3 tablespoons brown sugar over butter.
- Scatter 1 cup blueberries over sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, and egg.
- Whisk milk into the egg mixture.
- Add flour mixture; whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into soufflé dish.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup blueberries over batter.
- Spread remaining batter over blueberries.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean of batter, about 45 minutes.
- Immediately unmold cake, inverting it onto a serving dish.
- Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.