Recipe by KelBel
Another wonderful use of blueberries. Can use either fresh or frozen. Wild Maine blueberries are the best for this.
Top Review by Brenda.
This is a tasty little cake. I made it for breakfast this morning to serve with coffee. Sorry KelBel, all I had on hand were Michigan Blueberries ;) I will make this again, thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, wild Maine
- 3⁄4 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Butter a 1-quart soufflé dish. Pour 2 tablespoons melted butter into the soufflé dish. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons brown sugar over butter. Scatter 1 cup blueberries over sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons butter, remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar, and egg. Whisk milk into the egg mixture. Add flour mixture; whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour half the batter into soufflé dish. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup blueberries over batter. Spread remaining batter over blueberries. Bake until a cake tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean of batter, about 45 minutes.
- Immediately unmold cake, inverting it onto a serving dish. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream if desired.