Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fruity & fluffy dessert cake
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups blueberries
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream butter and white sugar, then beat in each egg until light and fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating until well mixed.
- Put aside.
- Melt butter in 9 x 9 or bigger pie plate; thoroughly coat surface.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over bottom of plate, then top with blueberries. (cover all the sugar).
- Spoon batter over fruit and bake at 350F for 30 - 45 min or until cake is a light golden colour and tests done.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 - 10 minutes before inverting onto serving plate.
Yummy blueberry cake for our Easter Brunch!!! I made this as written, but it did take a bit more time for the cake to be cooked, which can vary with ovens and altitudes. I loved the crispy and sweet texture of the edges of the cake and was surprised at how easy it came out of the pie plate, compared to pineapple upside down cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2014.