Recipe by MsSally
This is an interesting recipe that I'd like to try someday. Saving here for safekeeping. If someone else trys it first please let me know how it turns out.
Top Review by Peachie Keene
This is an excellent recipe! I originally found it on MSN's delicious website, but made with lean ground beef instead. While I usually prefer turkey meat, in this case I liked the recipe better with the lean ground beef.
- 2 slice whole wheat bread
- 78.07 ml blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml egg substitute
- fresh ground pepper
- 566.99 g ground turkey (99% lean)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bread in a food processor and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Transfer to a large bowl. (No need to wash the workbowl.).
- Add blueberries, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire, garlic, salt and pepper to the food processor; process until pureed. Scrape into the bowl with the breadcrumbs. Add ground turkey and egg and mix well with a potato masher or hands.
- Divide the mixture into 5 or 6 equal portions; form into 1/2-inch-thick patties, about 4 inches in diameter.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler or heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium-high. If using the broiler, coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. If using a grill, oil the grill rack by rubbing it with an oil-soaked paper towel.
- Cook patties until browned and no longer pink in the center, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 160°F
- Serve immediately, with or without rolls and toppings.