Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my summer favorites. Use wild berries for a flavor snap!
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (whipping)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices poundcake (homemade or from the store)
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized bowl, place 2-1/2 cups of the blueberries; Mash about one-third of the blueberries.
- Add sugar.
- Set aside Whip cream add confectioners sugar and vanilla; set aside.
- Cut pound cake in 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare pudding as directed, using only 1-1/4 cups milk Cool.
- Stir vanilla into cooled pudding; Fold in half of the sweetened whipped cream.
- In a clear bowl alternate layers of cake cubes, sugared blueberries and pudding, repeating twice.
- Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, top with remaining whipped cream and blueberries.
It was so YUMMY!!!! Two people asked for the recipe! I did change a few things. I did use less sugar in the berries, but add until you like the sweetness. I used an 8 oz. cool whip, instead of whipping cream, and mixed it with TWO boxes french vanilla instant pudding, with 1 1/3c. milk. I also added one large can halved cling peaches (largely chopped), with the blueberries. I used 1 3/4 pounds cake, broke into large pieces, since I thought it needed more. It made three layers, in a trifle bowl, and I topped it with the canned whipping cream before serving. It made a great dessert for my daughters Graduation. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!! I will make it again.