Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use a prepared crust for a quick, low mess, no-bake pie! Expect this to need to chill 4-6 hours to set completely. This is not vegan as written, but I suspect the cream cheese could be replaced with with a soy cream cheese and the milk with almond or soy milk without any ill effect. Made this as an experiment and was pretty pleased with the results. I don't think anyone would ever think it was "real" cheesecake, but it certainly could pass for a tofu-free light/diet cheesecake. My recipe tops with blueberries, but use your fresh fruit of choice! Please note that the amount of milk is just a guess--please use only as much as you need to get your blender/food processor to make a smooth, creamy filling. I only used 1/2 cup of sugar because I knew my berry topping would also be sweet--you can taste your filling after blending and add additional sugar if you need it.
- 1 prepared graham cracker crusts or 1 prepared granola cereal, crust
- 396.89 g soft tofu, cubed
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 118.29 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 354.88 ml blueberries
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- water, as necessary
- Prepare your desired crust as necessary.
- To prepare the filling, add the tofu, cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest to your blender or food processor. Add milk as necessary to be able to process, and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness. If satisfied, poor into prepared crust and place in refrigerator to set--expect to give it at least four hours.
- To prepare the topping, add the remaining ingredients to a small sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar and begin breaking down berries. Turn off heat and cool before topping the completely set, chilled pie (you can store your berry topping in the refrigerator while your pie sets).