Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are delicious.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F; butter and flour 9 (1/2-cup) muffin cups, or use paper liners.
- Toast 1/2 cup coconut over low heat on stovetop or in toaster oven until lightly browned, watch closely, do not let burn.
- Beat together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time.
- Beat in buttermilk, then flour and salt, on low speed until just combined.
- Stir in 1/2 cup coconut and gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into cups and smooth tops, Sprinkle tops with remaining 3 tablespoons coconut (this coconut will toast in the oven).
- Bake in middle of oven until a tester comes out clean and edges are golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Invert onto a rack and cool.
I loved these. My only complaint was that it seemed like a relatively large amount of effort for only 9 muffins -- it took me a while to zest 2 teaspoons of lime! But I'll definitely make these again, and I'll probably make my boyfriend do the zesting.
Double YUM for these! I increased the blueberries to 1-1/2 cups, next time I make these I will increase the sugar to 1 cup for my sweet-tooth DH who enjoyed them with his coffee! thanks for sharing Kel!...Kitten:)
Yum! These were full of flavor. I used too much coconut(don't ask), but it still came out tasty! Thanks KelBel!