Finally, something different to do with that thyme you've got growing in your garden. This offers an "herbal" spin on the traditional blueberry coffee cake recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter or grease & flour a 9" x 13" pan.
- In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and a pinch of salt together.
- Mix in Sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter, 3 eggs and sour cream.
- Mix in the blueberries and thyme.
- Gently fold the two batters together.
- Spread coffee cake batter into pan.
- Top with chopped walnuts and sprinkle with a little brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature and enjoy!