Top Review by susanbc99
I found this recipe in "I've Got a Cook in Kalamazoo", which was originally published in 1978 by the Kalamazoo, MI Junior League. I've been using it for over 30 years. I love it for its ease and its deliciousness (is that a word? :) Peaches are my favorite fruit dessert, so I usually substitute peaches for the blueberries. But, I have made it with blueberries, apples, strawberries, rhubarb, strawberries & rhubarb, cherries, and mixed berries. This is just yummy!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup oil
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 5 -6 cups blueberries
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 4 -5 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust: Mix together flour, sugar, salt, veg oil and milk until well blended.
- Pat 2/3 mixture on the bottom and about 1 inch up the sides of an ungreased 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Filling: Toss blueberries with sugar and flour.
- Add tapioca, lemon juice, and salt.
- Spoon onto crust, dot with butter.
- Sprinkle remaining crust mixture over berries.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 40 minutes.
- May be served warm or cold.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.