Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Just wonderful fresh out of the oven! From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well-beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries, picked over for stems and washed
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease muffin pans or line with cupcake papers.
- Sift first three ingredients together very well.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light; add egg and mix well.
- Add flour mixture altenatively with milk.
- Fold in blueberries, being careful not to crush.
- Filll prepared muffin pans 2/3 full and bake for about 30 minutes or until done.