Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
For those of you who drink tea, not coffee. :)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then grease a 1 1/2 quart shallow baking dish.
- In a medium bowl with a wooden spoon, beat egg.
- Gradually beat in 2/3 cup sugar; beat until combined.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture alternately with milk- Beat well after each addition.
- Add butter and vanilla; beat thoroughly.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
- Serve warm with butter.