Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 9 mins
A baked cheesecake with a berry swirl from Donna Hay Classics #2 - posted in response to a request. Your can use fresh or frozen berries. I imagine you could use raspberries or other berries as a substitute without any problem
- Process berries in a food processor and press through a sieve (you should have about 1/2 cup puree).
- Place the puree & sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar is dissolved, rapidly simmer for 8 minutes or until thick.
- Set aside to cool.
- Process the biscuits (cookies)in a food processor until crushed and the almond meal & butter, process until combined.
- Grease a 22cm (9 in ) springform tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper. Press the crumb mixture over the base and refrigerate.
- Preheat over to 140 deg (280 F).
- To make the filling, process the cream cheese in a food processor until smooth, add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla, process until combined & smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the base.
- Drizzle the blueberry mixture over and using a butter knife gently swirl the mixture just through the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
Thanks for posting this for me. Blueberries were too expensive so I used raspberries & strawberries. I'm sure any berries/redcurrants etc would be fine though. I also put a little bit of lemon zest (about 1T) in as well. Thanks Annette.
Thank you for sharing. I had a lot of frozen blueberries I needed to use, and I stumbled across this recipe. I also added the lemon zest. Very tasty.