Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is a subtle sweetness to this bread that is lovely to the taste buds and pretty to look at.
Make and share this Blueberry-Sweet Potato Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, and cook in boiling water for 20 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid; set aside.
- Peel, and mash enough sweet potatoes to measure 2 cups; set aside to cool completely.
- Sift together next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine by hand the mashed sweet potatoes, 1/4 cup liquid, sugar, eggs, and oil.
- (Batter will be lumpy.) Add flour mixture to sweet potato mixture, and stir just until moistened.
- (Batter will be stiff.) Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased 11x7x4 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, or until wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans, and let cool on wire racks.
- Note: You can also use canned or baked sweet potatoes.
- If using the latter, substitute 1/4 cup water for the sweet potato liquid.
Quite a nice recipe for the fall. The sweet potatoes make the loaves a pretty orange. The blueberries are nicely unexpected. Makes two very large, moist loaves. Thanks for the recipe, Tish!
Delicious, moist bread that everyone will never know there's sweet potatoes in... I made it for my co-workers and had requests for the recipe. Easy enough to make for the beginning baker, too.