Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
This is taken from the BH&G June 2011 issue. The scrambled egg adds protein and makes the smoothie creamy, while the blueberries give it purple color. I know... an egg in a smoothie. I nearly flipped past it too. But the egg is such a good source of protein and so easy to make. I keep frozen grapes on hand for smoothies and as a cool treat for the kids. Try it with greek yogurt for a thicker smoothie and even more protein.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and chunked
- 6 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup red seedless grapes, frozen and halved
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- halved seedless grapes
- Lightly coat and small unheated nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-low heat. Add egg. With a spatula, lift and fold the egg mixture until set. Transfer to a blender.
- Add banana, yogurt, grapes, blueberries, and orange juice concentrate. Cover and blend until smooth. Serve immediately. Garnish with berries and grapes.