Recipe by spatchcock
These are wonderful--I usually make tons of them and then freeze them for later use! They are quite healthy, thanks to the ricotta cheese :-)
Top Review by Mary Christmas
These were heavenly warm from the oven. I replaced 1 cup of the all purpose flour with whole wheat pastry flour and used 2 whole eggs rather than waste the yolk. I also used regular sized muffin pans, which yielded 16 muffins. Excellent recipe. Thank you.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 medium egg white
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons blueberry preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, milk, ricotta, vanilla extract, almond extract, eggs and oil.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Stir gently until just combined.
- Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Spray 3 mini muffin tins (36 muffin cups total) with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup 1/3 full with muffin mixture.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon blueberry preserves to each muffin cup, and top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
- Stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool.