Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is yummy and a very good recipe to make when you have company.
Top Review by bunkie68
Very tasty! I made this and took it to Sunday school for breakfast, and it got rave reviews. I wish I'd cubed the cream cheese a bit smaller, but other than that, it was really good. I did find it took a good bit longer than 35-40 minutes at 325 degrees to cook - after that length of time, at that temperature, it was still really mushy. I turned the heat up to 375 degrees and baked for another 20 minutes, and that did the trick.
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 -2 cup blueberries
- 8 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk or 2 1⁄2 cups light cream or 2 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut French bread loaf into cubes (you should have about 12 cups of bread cubes).
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Place 1/2 of the cubes in a baking dish. Top with cream cheese cubes and blueberries, and then top with remaining cubes of bread.
- In large mixing bowl with a wire whisk, mix together eggs, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and vanilla until well combined.
- Pour over bread evenly over top. Using a spatula, lightly press down to moisten.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325°F and remove the plastic wrap from baking dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until center is set and edges are slightly golden. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup.