1/1 Photo of Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
1 hr 30 mins
From the Hennessey House Bed & Breakfast, Napa, California. This is very rich but so good. Time does not include overnight time in the refrigerator. Use a good quality syrup from the NE.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese, 1-inch cubes
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, sliced
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 1Grease the bottom of one pyrex dish (9x13).
- 2Cut off the crust of each piece of bread, approximately 18 slices. Spray your dish with Pam cooking spray, and layer the bottom of the dish with half of the bread.
- 3Cut your cream cheese into one-inch squares and sprinkle over the entire layer of French bread. Take half of the bag of berries and sprinkle over the cream cheese.
- 4Add your second layer of bread on top of your cream cheese and berries.
- 5Mix the eggs, milk and syrup together in a mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl and pour over the top layer of bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to bake.
- 6Bake covered with foil (spray foil with Pam to keep toast from sticking) for about one hour or more in a 375ºF oven. Remove the foil during the last 15 minutes until lightly browned and the top of the bread in the center feels slightly dry.
- 7Blueberry Sauce:.
- 8Mix sugar and water together. Bring to a slow boil for 10 minutes. Add the berries and reduce heat when mixture returns to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Just before serving, thicken with a lump-free mixture of cornstarch and a small amount of water. Stir constantly until thickened to desired consistency. The cornstarch reacts to boiling water, add your mixture at the boiling point. Sauce is done when it coats the back of a spoon! This can be done the night before and stored in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.8
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 220.4 mg
- Sodium 617.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 15.5 g