1/2 Photos of Blueberry Streusel Scones
A lovely scone for breakfast or for an afternoon tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cream
Brushing tops of scones
- milk or cream
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- 3Cut the butter into small pieces and blend into the flour mixture with a pastry blender till it is crumbly.
- 4Gently fold in the blueberries.
- 5In a small measuring cup combine the cream, beaten egg and vanilla. Add this mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dough comes together.
- 6Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead the dough gently four or five times and then pat the dough into a circle that is about 7 inches round and about 11/2 inches thick.
- 7Cut this circle in half, then cut each half into four pie-shaped wedges.
- 8Place the scones on the baking sheet. Brush the tops of the scones with a little cream or milk.
- 9In a small bowl whisk together the brown sugar, ¼ cup flour, and cinnamon.
- 10With a pastry blender cut in the 2 tbs butter until crumbly.
- 11Top each scone with a teaspoon or two of the brown sugar mixture.
- 12Bake the scones until nicely browned, about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a scone comes out clean.
- 13Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Streusel Scones
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.5
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.5 mg
- Sodium 146.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g