Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found in one of my favourite magazines, Fresh is best, but you can stir in frozen wild berries straight from the freezer so they don't colour the batter.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 cup wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Streusel: In bowl, stir together brown sugar, almonds, flour and nutmeg; drizzle with butter, tossing with fork.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla and lemon rind.
- Pour over dry ingredients; stir twice.
- Sprinkle with blueberries; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin cups; sprinkle with streusel.
- Bake in centre of 375F oven until tops are firm to the touch, 25 minutes.
Great recipe. Lemon and blueberry ,what could be better! Topping makes these a special muffin recipe.Thanks