Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a family favorite.
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Process pecans in food processor 2 to 3 times or until chopped. Add brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour; process for 5 second. Add butter and pulse 5 times, or until mixture is crumbly. Stir in oats and set aside.
- Combine 2 cups of flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add blueberries and toss gently.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine egg, buttermilk, and oil add to flour mixture stirring just until moistened. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling 2/3 full sprinkle with oat mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from pans immediately; cool on wire racks.
Very nice muffin. I would suggest pushing the topping into the muffin batter; most of ours fell off after they were done baking. But the topping is very tasty by itself too :)