Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This recipe is Diner style. A real yummy fresh tasty muffin! 8)
Top Review by AudreyBG
I love these muffins. I made a batch Sunday morning and have frozen the rest. I reheated one this morning and they tasted just like they were fresh out of the oven. I agree with dahlia in filling the muffin cups quite full. My muffins came out very big and "bakery" style. I am going to throw out my other blueberry muffin recipe because I like this one a lot better.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup canned blueberries, drained
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups, 2-1/2 X 1-1/4 inches, or paper lined cups.
- Beat the milk, oil, vanilla extract and egg.
- Stir in the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt all at once until flour is moist (should be lumpy). Add the blueberries, combine and divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle each using about 2 tsp of the prepared topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan right away.