1/2 Photos of Blueberry-Streusel Muffins
Now here's a great recipe for all you muffin lovers out there! This one was put in the Southern Living Recipe Hall of Fame in 1996 and is a real winner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup uncooked oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1PULSE almonds 2 or 3 times in a blender or food processor until chopped.
- 2Add brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour; process 5 seconds.
- 3Add butter; pulse 5 or 6 times or until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Stir in oats; set aside.
- 5COMBINE 2 cups flour and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 6WHISK together buttermilk, oil, and egg; add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- 7TOSS blueberries with remaining 2 tablespoons flour; gently fold into batter.
- 8Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full; sprinkle batter with oat mixture.
- 9BAKE at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Remove immediately from pans, and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry-Streusel Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1086 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.8
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 176.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.1 g