Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries or 236.59 ml frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 29.58 ml flour
- 59.14 ml chopped toasted pecans
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, packed
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml quick oats
- 29.58 ml butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Toss rinsed blueberries in 2 tablespoons flour until they are coated.
- Gently mix all ingredients for muffins.
- Separately, mix streusel ingredients until crumbly.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tin and fill with muffins batter.
- Top muffin batter with streusel.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
A perfect blueberry muffin! I made a few changes, simply due to personal preferences. I substituted some whole grain flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose, and used 1/4 cup applesauce + 1/4 cup butter for the 1/2 cup butter called for, and omitted the nuts in the streusel topping. These were so delicious! Made and reviewed for Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #15.