Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Taste of Home. My DH and kids love these blueberry muffins. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the part of the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour or 2 3⁄4 cups soft wheat flour or 2 3⁄4 cups oat flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour or 2 teaspoons freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 teaspoons oat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
I too made this recipe when I found it on taste of home. it was always good. The streusle topping is really good. This is recipe you will continue to keep and use again.
We found these very flavorless and dry - not sure what I did wrong since the other reviews don't seem to agree with that. I followed the directions exactly, so maybe there was something wrong with my technique?
We're able to get great fresh blueberries right now so that's what I used here along with all-purpose flour (Another time I'd like to try a whole grain flour!) & we were realy happy with the results ~ So much better tasting than from the grocer or a bakery, I think! Thanks for a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]