Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. My DH and kids love these blueberry muffins. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for the part of the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store-bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour or 2 3⁄4 cups soft wheat flour or 2 3⁄4 cups oat flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour or 2 teaspoons freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 teaspoons oat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.