1/1 Photo of Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
brkfst cook's Note:
this is a recipe that is a combination of many recipes. It is very moist and rich. My husband says this is "the best darn blueberry coffee cake" he has eaten in a long time! as he grabs his 36 inch waist and tells me "it's paid for" (considering when I met him he had a 32 inch waist 8 years ago)...LOL your kitchen will smell heavenly when this is baking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter (no substitutions)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1to prepare struesel topping: In a medium sized bowl combine all ingredients use a pastry cutter to cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture is crumbly and about the size of tiny peas -- set aside. if you have a food processor go for it!
- 2In a large bowl cream butter and sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- 3add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a seperate bowl.
- 5add half of the container of sour cream and beat until well combined.
- 6gradually add half of your dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- 7add the rest of the sour cream, beat. then add the rest of the dry ingredients and beat on high for 2 minutes.
- 8gently fold in your blueberries, being careful not to break them.
- 9spray a 9x13 pan with "pam" on the bottom only.
- 10add 1/2 of the batter and spread to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 11sprinkle 1/2 of the struesel topping on top of the batter.
- 12pour remaining batter on top and spread to cover.
- 13take a butter knife and make swirls all the way through the batter. this will give you the swirls in the cake when finished baking.
- 14sprinkle remaining struesel on top
- 15place in a 350 degree preheated oven for 70-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 16let cool
- 17cover tightly.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.6
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.2 g
- Cholesterol 169.3 mg
- Sodium 630.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 53.7 g
- Protein 8.4 g