1/3 Photos of Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
1 hr 15 mins
Chef Glaucia's Note:
This delicious ( and good for you ) easy-to-bake cake offers a crunchy sweet topping of toasted walnuts and brown sugar streusel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, cold and cut into bits
- 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour (or traditional whole wheat flour )
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk (or low-fat plain yogurt )
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen )
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly butter and flour a 9-inch spring form pan.
- 3To make the streusel topping: Combine the butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut the butter in with your fingers until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Stir in the nuts and set aside.
- 4To make the cake : In a large bowl, combine the oil, sugars, eggs and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon or electric mixer until smooth.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the flours, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to blend.
- 6Add the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk or yogurt in 2 increments.
- 7Beat until smooth. Stir in the berries.
- 8Turn into the prepared pan and sprinkle evenly with the topping.
- 9Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 10Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then, remove the pan sides and let cool completely.
- 11Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 27.6 mg
- Sodium 216.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g