Adapted from Taste of Home. This coffee cake smells wonderful as it bakes and tastes even better. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for part of the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store- bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄2 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and butter; beat well. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 9 servings.