Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
Adapted from Taste of Home. This coffee cake smells wonderful as it bakes and tastes even better. I substitute freshly ground whole grain flour for part of the all-purpose. **PLEASE NOTE**. If you substitute store- bought wheat flour for the all-purpose, you do not need to add the additional amount of flour - just use the same amount as all-purpose.
Top Review by Sarah in New York
I can't believe no one has made this coffee cake yet on zaar. This is the best Blueberry coffee cake in exsistance. I'm convinced. I will say, that when I was making the batter, it was super thick and I was worried it was a bad recipe because usually coffee cake, cupcakes, cake batter... is pretty runny and I was having a hard time just spreading it in the pan it was so thick, once it started cooking though, I realized this is the best coffee cake EVER! (I used all-purpose flour) I brought it to work and my boss sat down in front of me and ate 3 pieces and then while talkig all business like proceeded to gather the crumbs together and dumped them from his plate into his mouth while muttering, this is wonderful, wonderful! It was everything I could do not to laugh! EVERYONE needs to make this at least once! Thanks for posting!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or 2 1⁄2 cups freshly ground soft wheat flour or 2 1⁄2 cups oat flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add egg, milk and butter; beat well. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- For topping, combine sugar and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 9 servings.