Cook1 hr 10 mins
If you are using frozen blueberries in this recipe, do not defrost before adding them to the batter. This will help prevent the blueberries from "bleeding" into the batter.You can trim the fat by using Eagle* Brand Fat free or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk instead of the origanal Eagle Brand.
- 1 pint blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 3⁄4 cup butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups biscuit mix, divided
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts
- vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 pint blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In bowl combine berries and Eagle Brand Milk and Lemon peel.
- In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture.
- Spread in greased 9-inch square pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly.
- Add nuts.
- Sprinkle over cobbler.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or ubtil golden.
- Serve with ice cream and Blueberry Sauce.
- Blueberry Sauce; In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradullay add water.
- Cook and stir until thickened, Stir in blueberries; cook and stir until hot.