Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I found in Virginia Hospitality Cookbook.
- 1 lb canned blueberries
- 8 3⁄4 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9 inch pie shell, baked
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream, shipped
- Drain fruits, reserving syrups.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Set aside 2 TBS pineapple; stir remaining into cheese mixture.
- Spread over bottom of pastry shell; chill.
- Blend sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Combine syrups and measure 1 1/2 cup; blend into the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Add blueberries and lemon juice; stir and cool.
- Pour over cheese layer and chill.
- Top with whipped cream and reserved pineapple.
Love this - I used to make this when I was a kid from my mom's Better Homes ans Gardens cookbook. I loved cream cheese, pineapple and blueberries so it was a perfect fit for me!