Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from our local paper. It is a very nice lunch or light dinner dish.
Make and share this Blueberry Spinach Salad With Chicken, Pecans and Bleu Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups Baby Spinach
- 12 leaves radicchio, for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced across the grain
for the blueberry vinaigrette
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Divide spinach among 4 plates. Garnish each plate with radicchio leaves.
- Top spinach with pecans, blueberries, bleu cheese and chicken slices.
- Prepare vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together shallot, bleuberries, sugar, salt, raspberry vinegar and vegetable oil.
- Drizzle over salad.
- There will be some dressing leftover. Store in the refrigerator and use within a few days.
My neighbor (misscrys79) brought hubby and I a plate of this salad this evening and it was very good. I especially liked the vinaigrette on it. Had a nice zip to it....something different than your everyday dressing. I love that she used maple syrup in place of the sugar and that she used walnut oil. That gave it depth. It was beautiful salad, something you would want to set in front of company. She also put Maple Balsamic Pecans Les Fougeres on it. Yummy! Thanks for posting this.
I went blueberry picking today and wanted something to go with the salmon we picked up from the local fish ladies, and this salad fit the bill. I used gorgonzola for the cheese, left out the chicken and used maple glazed pecans. For the dressing, I had to substitute red onion for the shallot (there weren't any shallots at the store!!!), I used maple syrup in place of the sugar and used 1/2 c. walnut oil and pureed the dressing with my immersion blender. My DH loved the dressing. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Lovely salad and loved all the flavors together.